Thursday, May 15, 2008













I flew down to Christchurch on Tuesday, which is on the top of the south island of New Zealand, and am staying with Richard, who is from Dallas, and his wife just outside of town. The scenic pics and the video above are from his front porch, quite a stunning view to wake up to every morning. Weather wise, the days are absolutely perfect, roughly 60 degrees, but once the sun goes down, wow does the temperature drop rapidly. Even inside the house if you are not next to a heater you can see your breath, and the fact that no houses in NZ really have central heating equates to quite a climate shift from Aussie, but overall I am loving the cool weather. I am hopefully going to road trip around the south island for a week or two, and planning to leave on monday, and will see some of the most incredible views in the world, Richard has shown me a lot of pics of where I will be going, and it seems too good to be true that I am really here. But I am.
Other than that, I have been looking for a job and have a few good leads, so hopefully once I get back I can get to work, I am really ready for a little normality in my life, the whole nomadic traveler's life is really starting to wear on me, so the idea of working and settling for a season is a good one. Also have been to a couple events with his church here, and it has been so refreshing to be around solid Christians again, have really missed church and other believers in my life, so that has been great.

We'll see where I am in a few days..

No comments: