Monday, May 5, 2008

After an adventure filled 3 months, my run here in Australia has come to an end, and it is a bittersweet time. I have come to love this place, and I must say I will miss dearly my substitutionary Aussie family and the friends I've made here, but the prospect of a new chapter of this trip and a new adventure on the horizon has got me quite excited. I wasn't scheduled to leave for another month, but alas after 3 months of travel and not working a single day (come on, that's pretty impressive), the money is starting to run low and with such a short time left on my work visa, finding a job has proven next to impossible, so I must depart. I am flying into Auckland at 5:00pm on Saturday, where I will spend a few days, then most likely head to Christchurch and interview with a Ski Resort just outside of town, as well as meet up with a fellow Texan I've been in contact with who is now living there, and hopefully find work on the slopes for the winter season.
And yes, I am arriving on the cusp of the middle of winter on the Southern Alps, so I anticipate some warm summer photos being taunted at me in the upcoming months in retaliation for my previous beach photos sent over to Tx when they were getting their snow...nonetheless I will be in winter in New Zealand...I still come out on top I think?

That's about all I know for now, but I will update from the next country I end up in as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Jay Scott said...

i'll be sure and provide the beach pictures... since i live on one under the guise of "sacrificing for my country"