Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oh, and I don't think that I have mentioned the weather much up here thus far in my ramblings, but the word "monsoon" now has completely new meaning. So we are in Queensland, the northern state of the east coast, and we are well into their wet season. Today is the 3rd straight day of nonstop torrential downpours, which I might add are quite the joy to be outside working in. Not wearing a shirt does help however. But yea, when I leave this island, things I won't miss:

1. Lots 'o rain
2. 300-400% humidity
3. 300-400 mosquito bites, the lack of a shirt doesn't help
4. The 4 very distinct leaks in my bungalow, and having to position my luggage accordingly
5. EVERYTHING ALWAYS being damp
6. Lots and lots of mildew
7. Missing out on your surroundings because you can't look up for fear of stepping on a death adder
8. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich for breakfast and lunch, everyday

But then again, I still am not missing my Dallas cubicle, so 1-8 are easily bearable...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so envious of you right now. What an amazing journey you are on! Love reading all of your entries so keep them coming! Be safe!
Love,
Bryan, Stephanie, & Landon Sproul