Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sydney








Well, after a delayed flight in Auckland and my 30 hours of traveling, I have made it to sydney! I got in yesterday after lunch and after a long anticipated shower and teeth brushing, I hit the streets of Sydney and took in the place, which reminds me quite a bit of NYC, so a great time walking around and getting some intial things taken care of. After walking around a bit I decided to head down to the harbour and got a picture on the steps of the Opera House and saw the harbour bridge, and had a nice cold australian Toohey (too-e) beer at the outside bar next to the opera. It is now 2pm on my second day here and it is an absolutely incredible and unbelievable feeling being here, but for the most part it has not really hit me that I am on the other side of the world, but it has been a lot to take in within such a short time, I imagine it will take a bit for reality to hit me. After I got back yesterday I met one of my roomates from the hostel, a really nice guy from montana, we decided to go eat and hit a couple pubs around our hostel, where I ran into several interesting people. 2 girls from Norway, a guy from sweden, and a girl from france, and I found out that everyone hates americans and they don't really know why! I use hate very loosely, it was all in good fun, but it did take some clearing up about such topics as; jessica simpson, line dancing, of course our president, if I used a donkey to plow fields while farming, and why I said ya'll. This was all in my first 10 hours on the continent so I would imagine its going to be heaps of fun, and I'll be giving it a fair go, mates...whoever made up their slang here is brilliant...and probably did so after a few beers. Oh...and let us not forget the huge naked woman next to the harour made out of peaches...that makes sense to have right?

4 comments:

Jana said...

Miss you Jeffe and am glad to hear things are going well for you!

coco le'shea said...

fabulous jeff! i'm curious to know what you told them about jessica simpson and ya'll. if you ever need to impress them just do that whistle thing, it's a real crowd pleaser!

Jon said...

How cool, you're finally there.. all the hard work and preparation is paying off. I woke up Monday morning, went about my day then realized "crap, Jeff left yesterday". ok, you know I have to comment about "peaches".

Just a guess but if she could talk here's a few examples of what I think she might say:

"My peaches bring all the boys to the yard"

"Peaches, they're the pits"

"My peaches are better than your melons"

Laura said...

glad to hear you made it there. keep us updated.