Tuesday, February 12, 2008






First off, I didn't realize that a frog was capable of smiling until last night when I ran across this guy, but who wouldn't smile if you lived here? The weather was amazing today, and I started work for the hostel this morning. did a quick 3 hours of cleaning and yardwork and have a free place to stay and a warm cooked meal, so I am pretty stoked about that! after lunch colin and I set out on our big adventure, and decided to hike up a mountain here. it was an hour hike to the top, but once we got up there probably the most breathtaking view I've ever seen, and I cannot believe this place is my home for the next couple weeks!!! without thinking I also set out on this hike wearing flip flops, which proved to be dreadful when I was hopping across treacherous boulders to get out to the far one for the pic above, but alas I survived and leared a great lesson about the physics of hiking. Oh, and we found a fairly large boulder and of course rolled it down the mountain, and it was in this moment I realized how easily entertained we are..nonetheless it was an incredible day of seeing the island! And we also stumbled upon an old building that also happened to be a bat cave, and once inside we found the perfect photo op with hundreds of bats flying around, so of course we stayed until I couldn't take them hitting me in the face anymore. I also met a couple ladies this morning I was working with, and one was from Perth where I plan on heading soon, and she said she has two different people there that would be happy to let me stay and show me around the western coast, it is unbelievable how the Lord is providing for me on this trip! anywho, time to go eat some dinner, anytime I get the chance to have a real meal vs a PB&J or some bread and Nutella, my new found amazing chocolate spread, I spring at the opportunity!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Isn't Nutella amazing! I grew to love it in Kenya...so great on toast. I have to say that I am very jealous about y'alls travels and only wish I could be there! Enjoy your super fun time!!!

Unknown said...

So I broke the news to my boss that I was leaving for 2 1/2 weeks in February to head to New Zealand. He was excited...said that sounded fun. I guess that's a thumbs up.

The Toe Tapper said...

Dear Jeff,
So today I caught up on all the blogs. OHHH MY GOODNESS that little Koala and smiling frog made me want to do jumping jacks in the middle! I LOVE THEM! I love the Koala more but I love them both! The pictures are absolutly beautiful. Helps me be reminded of what a might God we have, and how vast his creation is. Thanks for helping feed my passion while I do a life swap with you right now. Your adventures and photos keep my fueled, even if it is second handed. I am excited for you friend. Praying your way...
Rachael

The Toe Tapper said...

I need to redeem myself after reading what I just posted. I obviously did not read that over before posting....

1) "Do jumping jacks in the middle" = do jumping jacks in the middle of my store.
2)"Might God" = Mighty God
3) "my fueled" = me fueled

I know how you are with those spelling errors...