Tuesday, March 25, 2008










And now a blog dedicated to my two favourite people in Australia..Emma and Ana. It all began in Magnetic Island where shortly after we met, they taught me how to pronounce "no" properly in Australian, which later spurred me to be renowned as an Aussie local where ever I may traverse, so for that I was already endebted to them, but it has gone much farther than that since I arrived in Melbourne.


I want to first say that Ana, Emma, and her family are honestly some of the best people I have ever met in my life, and I will be forever grateful for their hospitality. I was a complete stranger to Emma's dad, Tony, and he was gracious enough to arrange a room in his house for me to stay in while I was just some stranger from Texas, and they have truly made me feel welcome, not to mention made my trip infinitely better by showing me around and getting to see the highlights of this amazing city. And in a couple weeks her mum and stepdad, Trish and Bryan, have offered to let me stay at their house as well; so being a weary traveler far, far from home, to have all these people to do life with for a bit really does make this the trip I had hoped for when I first started planning this.


And since Emma and Anastacia are professional talent scouts for Calvin Klein models here in Australia, they have shown me a few "tricks of the trade" if you will, such as the slicked back hairstyle of the Europeans, the "pout" look that all good models have, and of course the secret language of the model industry...I think my portfolio is well on its way.




So, all that to say, thank you Emma, Ana, Tony, Trish, and Bryan for already making this the trip of a lifetime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ana and "wendy" must be blind if they haven't offered your denver city worthlessness a job...here's the thing jeff, you remember the picture you used to have that was taken in a mcdonalds or something and you were in 6th grade and you had on the cowboys jacket and you had, oh i don't know zero friends(except for special Ed), and you had the slicked back hair(why you had zero friends....except for special Ed), well the photo at the bottom of your blog is the dramatic return if not redemption of that same greaser/mullet/fade.
hugs and kisses,
fishbate por vida

hollie-o said...

Wow - I'm speechless with that pic.

So glad that you're on this trip! I have and always will have a special place in my heart for Australians - they truly are the nicest people on earth!

Talk to you soon mate!