Wednesday, March 5, 2008






Here is a quick video snippet of everyday life on the island, and one of the local inhabitants we ran across two days ago. We were with a park ranger hiking up a mountain, and there was a small creek in our path we had to jump across, and I went first. Well, as I went to put my foot down, I had to make a quick change of plans because my foot was going to step directly on a death adder's face, and he looked pretty pissed. So, naturally we got out the video camera and messed with it using, and I note, a much longer and proper snake handling stick. (and no mum, I didn't pick it up this time!) We saw it strike a good dozen times, and I now have a much healthier respect for the creatures, because there is a lot of death bundled up and waiting for me there, so I'm keeping a much closer eye on the ground now.


3 comments:

hollie-o said...

corrie and hollie want to know - who does that? Not only did you play with a snake - but you put it to music....1980s techno music at that - nice Jeffrey.

Unknown said...

i'm also quite fond of the musical accompaniment

Anonymous said...

remember that time you had that snake in your room and he crawled up the wall in the middle of the night and you thought it was a robber?