Thursday, March 20, 2008












Ok, so it has been quite a while since my last post, but I am just now getting to a computer to post some new pics, this past week has been quite a blur as I've done quite a bit of travel. So last friday was our last day on Magnetic Island, and to celebrate we rented scooters for the day and toured the island, which turned out to be a really awesome experience. The island only takes roughly 30 minutes to drive around, so we definitely saw all the sights there were to see...in about an hour, then basically just had scooter races the rest of our 7 hours, which I came up lacking in since I think it only had 1 horsepower where as Colin's had the full 2hp.
It was a bittersweet day leaving Magnetic Island, when you work closely with people for 5 weeks you make pretty good friendships, but that is what comes with a trip like this, meeting people one day then moving on the next, so I am thankful for my time there, but I was definitely ready to move on to the next adventure.
Oh, and I was extremely excited to:
1) Make it off the island alive
2) Be able to enjoy, or for that matter, even look at my surroundings without having to perpetually scan the ground for the next snake waiting to claim my life
3) Eat something other than the 5 items on the dinner menu at the hostel, and a PB&J for my other two meals
4) That's about it, otherwise I am easily satisfied.

No comments: